Online Voting Begins Today on NewNowNext.com
Winners Revealed on the Sixth Annual “Logo NewNowNext Awards” Telecast
Premiering Monday, April 15th at 10/9C on Logo
To Tweet This Release: http://logo.to/16m3XCj
NEW YORK, NY March 13, 2013 – Logo, today announced the nominees for the “Logo NewNowNext Awards 2013.” Now in its sixth year, this highly praised and always unpredictable telecast is one big party that grants the gay stamp of approval to pop culture icons and trendsetters as well as stars-on-the-rise and celebrates what’s hot in TV, music, film and fashion for 2013 and beyond.
Starting today, March 11th, the public is invited to visit NewNowNext.com or m.newnownext.com/awards to view the entire list of nominees and cast their votes across a wide range of outrageous categories including “Hottest, Sexiest Ink,” “Host with the Most,” “That’s My Jam” and “TV You Betta Watch.” Additionally, users can vote via Twitter by including the customized hashtag for their desired winner in a tweet. A complete list of hashtags is available at NewNowNext.com. Nominees for the “Logo NewNowNext Awards 2013” were chosen by the “NewNowNext Academy” – a mix of tastemakers from various creative industries across the country.
Winners will be revealed Monday, April 15th at 10/9C, during the 90-minute “Logo NewNowNext Awards 2013” telecast. The special will be taped in front of a live audience of today’s hottest emerging and seasoned artists at The Fonda Theater in Hollywood, CA on April 13th. Performers, presenters and special guests will be announced in the coming weeks.
Logo’s “NewNowNext Awards” have earned a reputation for breaking new ground in pop culture. Lady Gaga gave her first televised performance at the show, Rooney Mara was a nominee well before an Oscar Nominee, the cast of Bridesmaids made their first televised appearance together at the 2011 show and last year, NewNowNext crowned Josh Hutcherson “Next Mega-Star” long before The Hunger Games movie was a phenomenon.
The “NewNowNext Awards” builds on Logo’s acclaimed NewNowNext franchise, which includes Logo-owned pop culture and lifestyle blog NewNowNext.com. On air, “NewNowNext” is the home of “The NewNowNext Minute” – a daily dose of pop culture hosted by Ryan Brockington that features the music, fashion and celebrity news Logo viewers crave.
Nominees for “Logo NewNowNext Awards 2013”:
- Allison Williams (“Girls,” HBO)
- Andrew Rannells (“The New Normal,” NBC)
- Dave Franco (Warm Bodies, Summit Ent.)
- Julianne Hough (Safe Haven, Relativity)
- Kerry Washington (“Scandal,” ABC)
- Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect, Universal)
- Fruitvale, Weinstein Company
- Man of Steel, Warner Bros.
- Pacific Rim, Warner Bros.
- Star Trek Into Darkness, Paramount
- The Great Gatsby, Warner Bros.
- The Heat, Fox
- “Catfish: The TV Show,” MTV
- “House of Cards,” Netflix
- “Scandal,” ABC
- “The Americans,” FX
- “Veep,” HBO
- “Workaholics,” Comedy Central
- Abby Lee Miller, “Dance Moms,” Lifetime
- Kris Jenner, “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” E!
- Naomi Campbell, “The Face,” Oxygen
- Reza Farahan, “Shahs of Sunset,” Bravo
- Tamar Braxton, “Tamar & Vince,” WE tv
- “Arrow,” CW
- Betty F$!king White on Twitter
- George Takei on Facebook
- “Real Husbands of Hollywood,” BET
- Vine App on Twitter
- Adele in Christopher Bailey for Burberry (MTV Music Awards)
- Elle Fanning in Rodarte (Rodarte Campaign)
- Jennifer Lawrence in Dior (Oscars)
- Kelly Rowland in Georges Chakra (Grammy’s)
- Kendall Jenner in Sherri Hill (Sherri Hill Fashion Show)
- Michelle Obama in Jason Wu (State of the Union)
- Adan Canto, “The Following,” Fox
- Barry Sloane, “Revenge,” ABC
- Henry Cavill, Man of Steel, Warner Bros.
- Mahershala Ali, “House of Cards,” Netflix
- Richard Madden, “Game of Thrones,” HBO
- Stephen Amell, “Arrow,” CW
- Bruno Mars, “When I Was Your Man,” Atlantic Records
- Ke$ha, “C’mon,” Kemosabe Records/RCA Records
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, “Can’t Hold Us,” Macklemore
- P!nk feat. Nate Reuss, “Just Give Me a Reason,” RCA Records
- Solange Knowles, “Losing You,” Terrible Records
- Tegan and Sara, “Closer,” Vapor/Sire Records
- 2 Chainz, “2 Broke Girls,” CBS
- Adam Levine, “American Horror Story,” FX
- Joan Collins, “Happily Divorced,” TV Land
- Joe Biden, “Parks and Recreation,” NBC
- Johnny Depp, 21 Jump Street, Sony Picts.
- Ryan Reynolds, Ted, Universal Picts.
- Chris Hardwick, “Talking Dead,” AMC, “The Nerdist,” BBCA
- Chelsea Handler, “Chelsea Lately,” E!
- Heidi Hamilton, “That Sex Show,” Logo
- Michelle Buteau, “Best Week Ever,” VH1
- Padma Lakshmi, “Top Chef,” Bravo
- Stephen Colbert, “The Colbert Report,” Comedy Central
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Maggie Smith
- Nicholas Hoult
- One Direction
- Adam Levine
- Colin Kaepernick
- David Beckham
- Zoe Saldana
- Anne Hathaway
- Charlize Theron
- Justin Bieber
- Miley Cyrus
- Nicki Minaj
- Robin Wright
- Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice
- Born This Way Foundation
- Housing Works
- It Gets Better Project
- The Point Foundation
The “NewNowNext Awards” are Executive Produced by Christopher Willey and Brent Zacky for Logo. Michael Dempsey of Dempsey Productions serves as Executive Producer and Director.
For more information on the “Logo NewNowNext Awards 2013” and to vote for the nominees visit NewNowNext.com. For up-to-date “Logo NewNowNext Awards 2013” news and exclusives, like the NewNowNext Facebook page or follow NewNowNext on Twitter at @NewNowNext and #NNNAwards.
Logo celebrates one-of-a-kind personalities, unconventional stories and discovering what’s next—all through a mix of original and acquired entertainment that’s smart, provocative and loaded with attitude. Entertaining a social, savvy audience of gay trendsetters, Logo also attracts a straight audience that wants to be ahead of the curve. Launched in 2005, Logo is in over 51 million homes across the United States, and is complemented by a federation of online properties, including LogoTV.com, NewNowNext.com, AfterEllen.com, AfterElton.com, and DowneLink.com. Logo is part of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), which features a roster of popular and highly targeted brands that include MTV, Comedy Central, VH1 and Spike TV.
# # #
Rogers & Cowan: