Digital Awards Honoring Emerging Style Talent Culminate With Exclusive Celebration
February 5th at New York City Cabaret, The Box
NEW YORK, February 4, 2012 — NewNowNext, Logo’s online destination for the hottest emerging music artists and pop culture trends in style, travel, technology and more; is celebrating New York Fashion Week with the NewNowNext Fashion Honors, a one-of-a-kind digital fashion awards. A first for Logo, the annual NewNowNext Fashion Honors will toast emerging fashion phenoms in menswear, womenswear, accessories design as well as the fiercest new male and female models. The NewNowNext staff worked with fashion journalists at Elle, Refinery 29 and the New York Times along with style industry insiders to select this year’s group of ingénues.
“NewNewNext has always been committed to exposing our fans to dynamic, culturally topical content,” said Charles Runnette, Editorial Director, Logo. “Part of that mission means commenting on the best in style. The first ever NewNowNext Fashion Honors will shine the spotlight on rising talent who are already leaving their mark on the fashion world – we are thrilled to honor their contribution to the fashion community.”
NewNowNext will celebrate this year’s Fashion Honors recipients with a special pre-Fashion Week party at The Box in New York City hosted by lauded jewelry designer and CFDA Award Winner Alexis Bittar. Attendees will include a who’s who of the fashion world: influential tastemakers, fashion industry VIPs, celebrities and fans of all things fashion who will be on hand to celebrate this year’s honorees. Guests will be treated to Stoli Vodka specialty cocktails created for the fashion forward crowd. The celebration will be capped off with a special performance by Wynter Gordon.
The 2013 NewNowNext Fashion Honors Winners are:
- Jelena Abbou (Female Model Honoree). The Serbian bodybuilder shocked the fashion world by becoming the face of edgy beauty brand MAC earlier this year.
- Kolt Blaze (Male Model Honoree). Has modeled for famed fashion houses including Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Versace, Prada and has graced the pages of magazine of GQ, V, Nylon and ad campaigns across the globe.
- Ann Yee (Womenswear Honoree). Known for her customizable pieces and signature affinity for proportion and volume, Ann Yee consistently creates collections that are versatile yet completely distinct. Her clothes have been worn by Alexa Chung.
- Skingraft (Menswear Honoree). The LA based design house led by designer Jonny Cota and brand manager Chris Cota began as an experiment in performance art-inspired fashion and now produces full ready-to-wear collections for men and women along with ornate one-of-a-kind pieces for the runway and stage. Their clothes have been worn by Chase Crawford and Adam Lambert.
- CHRISHABANA (Accessories Honoree). The New York based designer’s jewelry collection is playful yet subversive, featuring signature cross and geometric cage pieces. His pieces have be worn by Parker Posey and Nicki Minaj.
Additionally, Logo is partnering with Housing Works to bring the NewNowNext Fashion Honors to life in the windows of the eclectic thrift store. Curated by Wynter Gordon, one window will go on display for an entire week Friday, February 1 at Housing Works’ Chelsea Location (143 West 17th Street). A second window is currently on display at Housing Works’ Hell’s Kitchen thrift store (730-732 9th Avenue).
For those who can’t make it to New York City during Fashion Week, check out highlights from the NewNowNext Fashion Honors at: http://www.newnownext.com/fashion-awards/2013/.
NewNowNext is the online destination for influencers who want to stay ahead of the curve with relevant, up to the minute lifestyle news. The site’s tireless editors don’t follow trends, they anticipate them, with a finger on the pulse of what’s about to break big in music, TV, movies, culture, travel, style, design and tech.
NewNowNext’s Webby-award honored team of expert journalists, columnists, and video personalities feeds its aspirational audience’s increasing need for original ideas and advice on the new and about to be huge — be it the next “Downton Abbey,” the latest emerging fashion designer, a potentially awesome fitness novelty, or the everyone’s-about-to-talk-about-it hotel. With the help of the site’s savvy writers and consultants — some regular contributors or the celebrities, designers, artists and influencers the editors keep on speed-dial — NewNowNext whips together witty, sharp interviews, articles and videos on the topics everyone’s going to be about NEXT.
Logo celebrates one-of-a-kind personalities, unconventional stories and discovering what’s next—all through a mix of original and acquired entertainment that’s outrageous, smart and inclusive. Entertaining a social, savvy audience of gay trendsetters, Logo also attracts a straight audience that wants to be ahead of the curve. Launched in 2005, Logo is in over 51 million homes across the United States, and is complemented by a federation of online properties, including LogoTV.com, NewNowNext.com, AfterEllen.com, AfterElton.com, and DowneLink.com. Logo is part of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), which features a roster of popular and highly targeted brands that include MTV, Comedy Central, VH1 and Spike TV.
# # #