Logo’s Travel Awards Honors the “Next Best Thing” in Travel and Hospitality Services
Learn More About the Winners on NewNowNext.com and Twitter (#NNNTA)
To tweet this release: http://logo.to/uE4Cfy
NEW YORK, November 7, 2011 – Logo, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), announced today the winners for its third annual travel awards. This year’s awards has undergone a makeover with a new name, “NewNowNext Travel Awards,” and new categories demonstrating Logo is on the pulse of what are tomorrow’s trends and the next “it” destinations.
The fans have voted and the results are in. Highlights include:
- Montreal, Canada won the title of “Best Global Destination.”
- Columbus, Ohio emerged as the “dark horse” victor winning the “NewNowNext Destination” award.
- New York City and W Hotels return to reclaim their 2009 titles of “Best U.S. Destination” and “Best Hotel Chain” respectively as this year’s 2011 winners.
- Rio Di Janiero, Brazil continues to stay “sexy” by garnering the “Sexiest Spot” award for the two years-in-a-row.
The “NewNowNext Travel Awards” honors the best of the most stylish, most exciting and hottest destinations and travel services of tomorrow. New categories added this year include “Favorite Travel TV Show” and “NewNowNext Destination.”
Logo appointed a panel of global travel experts to determine what destinations, hotels, airlines and events best emulate the “next best thing” in the travel industry. Joining the panel this year were travel editors and writers from Condé Nast Traveler, Sherman’s Travel, Lonely Planet, New York Magazine, Travel & Leisure, NY Daily News, W Magazine, Town and Country Travel and Concierge.com.
Voters can share the “NewNowNext Travel Awards” results on Facebook and sound-off on the winners of such titles as “Sexiest Spot,” “Best Luxury Hotel,” “Best Global Destination” and “Best Hotel Chain.” To follow the latest about the “NewNowNext Travel Awards” go to @LogoTV and #NNNTA on Twitter and www.facebook.com/logo on Facebook.
For more information about the nominees and winners listed below, please go to NewNowNext.com.
The Third Annual “NewNowNext Travel Awards”:
- SingaporeAirlines (#NNNTA_Singapore)
- Qantas (#NNNTA_Qantas)
- American (#NNNTA_American)
- JetBlue (#NNNTA_JetBlue) (WINNER)
- Southwest (#NNNTA_Southwest)
- Frieze Art Fair -London,England(#NNNTA_Frieze)
- TIFF (TorontoInternational Film Festival) -Toronto,ON(#NNNTA_TIFF)
- Mardi Gras – Sydney, Australia (#NNNTA_MardiGras) (WINNER)
- Coachella -Palm Springs,CA(#NNNTA_Coachella)
- SXSW -Austin,TX(#NNNTA_SXSW)
- Karneval -Cologne,Germany(#NNNTA_Karneval)
- Montreal, Canada (#NNNTA_Montreal) (WINNER)
- New York, NY (#NNNTA_NYC) (WINNER)
- San Francisco,CA(#NNNTA_SanFran)
- Las Vegas,NV(#NNNTA_Vegas)
- Park HyattBuenos Aires(#NNNTA_Park)
- The Peninsula Chicago (#NNNTA_Peninsula) (WINNER)
- Four Seasons at Sultanahmet,Istanbul(#NNNTA_FourSeasons)
- Bristol Hotel,Paris(#NNNTA_Bristol)
- Kimpton (#NNNTA_Kimpton)
- Thompson (#NNNTA_Thompson)
- Ace (#NNNTA_Ace)
- Rocco Forte (#NNNTA_Rocco)
- Four Seasons (#NNNTA_Four)
- W (#NNNTA_W) (WINNER)
- Imanta,Punta Mita,Mexico(#NNNTA_Imanta)
- Oberoi Vanyavilas,Rathambore,India(#NNNTA_Oberoi)
- AmanGiri –Utah(#NNNTA_AmanGiri)
- Post Ranch Inn –Big Sur,CA(#NNNTA_PostRanch)
- Encore Hotel & Resort – Las Vegas, NV (#NNNTA_Encore) (WINNER)
- The Amazing Race (CBS) (#NNNTA_AmazingRace) (WINNER)
- Anthony Bourdain – No Reservations (TRV) (#NNNTA_Bourdain)
- JerseyShore-Italy(MTV) (#NNNTA_JerseyShore)
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food) (#NNNTA_BestAte)
- Joanna Lumley’sNile(ITV) (#NNNTA_LumleysNile)
- Hasn’t been made yet (#NNNTA_HasntMade)
- St. Petersburg,Russia(#NNNTA_StPetersburg)
- Columbus, OH (#NNNTA_Columbus) (WINNER)
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (#NNNTA_Rio) (WINNER)
- Buenos Aires.Argentina(#NNNTA_BuenosAires)
Logo is the entertainment network for savvy and trendsetting adult viewers from Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B). Launched in 2005, Logo’s cable channel is in more than 48 million homes across the United States and is complemented by a federation of online properties, including LogoTV.com, AfterEllen.com, AfterElton.com, DowneLink.com and NewNowNext.com. Logo’s content is distributed across all leading download-to-own, streaming and mobile services. The most influential brand for the most influential audience, Logo provides a mix of original and acquired entertainment as well as news, social networking and community building that are authentic, smart, fun, entertaining, and inclusive. Logo joins Viacom Media Networks’ roster of popular and highly targeted brands which include MTV, Comedy Central, VH1 and Spike TV.